A Laboratory experiment for English Speakers
A laboratory experiment for English Speakers
The experiment #englishspeakers is exclusive for people living in Valencia with a good level of english (B2 or higher)
THE EXPERIMENT #englishspeakers
The aim of the project is to study how 230 english speakers make decisions in the LINEEX Laboratory in Valencia.
It is designed and developed by researchers from the University of Valencia and the New York University of Abu Dhabi.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Anyone living in Valencia with a good level of English (B2 or higher)*.
*An official certificate is not mandatory but having the proper level of english is essential to understand the experiment's instructions.
Commiting fraud on the level of english will mean:
- The participant will be asked to leave the session.
- The participant will not receive any payment.
- The participant will not be able to participate in future experiments.
If your profile is not suitable for #englishspeakers because your level of english is not B2 or higher, please wait for the next call. (Next week LINEEX will open seats for spanish speakers).
Haz clic aquí si quieres ver esta información en castellano
ABOUT YOUR PARTICIPATION
- Each participant will be asked to make decisions using a computer.
- At the beginning, you will receive instructions that will place you in a simulated context. From there, you just need to be yourself.
- There are not right or wrong answers. The experiment aims to unterstand how the population really behaves.
- All decisions will be anonymous and will not be linked to your identity.
- The duration of the experiment will be up to 60 minutes (depending on the session it might be longer).
- Once finished, you will receive an immediate payment in cash.
- The payment you receive will depend on your decisions and the decisions of the other participants interacting with you. It could be higher than the LINEEX average (the actual average is 19€ for a 90 mins experiment).
- Just for participating, all participants will receive a guaranteed payment of 5 euros.
- Check your rights and obligations in the Guide for Participants.
COVID-19 INSTRUCTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
- During waiting periods, the participant must remain outside the building and will only be allowed to enter when indicated to do so by LINEEX personnel. Access will be controlled and orderly, respecting distance and complying with safety regulations.
- The participant must come with his/her own mask and wash their hands before and after the experiment. Otherwise, he/she will not be able to access the laboratory facilities. The use of the mask is mandatory regardless of the maintenance of the recommended interpersonal distance. In case of not complying with the hygiene regulations, the participant will leave the laboratory without receiving any payment, and his/her participation in future experiments will be restricted.
MEASURES APPLIED BY LINEEX TO PREVENT COVID-19 CONTAGION
- Disinfection of the laboratory after each experimental session.
- Ventilation 15 minutes before, during after each laboratory use.
- Limitation of capacity in toilets and lifts to one person per journey or use.
- Instructions for correct hand hygiene in all washbasins.
- The laboratory will make use of graphics, banners and indications necessary to encourage and ensure compliance with prevention and hygiene measures.
BOOK YOUR SEAT
LINEEX has opened 432 new seats for February 7th and 18th.
If you want to participate now, sign up by clicking on the button below:
- Facebook LINEEX-Universidad de Valencia
- Twitter LINEEX Uni.València
- Instagram @lineex_
- Email email@example.com - With the subject "ENGLISH SPEAKERS"
- Phone number - 96 162 54 09