#THE GERMAN EXPERIMENT
Objective: The aim of the project is to study how 1.200 people make economic and social online decisions in Germany and Spain. Decisions will be simple, safe and anonymous. The type of decisions will be revealed at the start of the experiment.
Type of experiment: It is an online paid experiment. Participants can participate from any computer with an internet connection and will be paid at the end of the experiment.
Time: 15-30 minutes. It will depend on you. The experiment will take place in November 2019.
Payments: All participants will be paid according to their performance. The estimated average is 15 euros per participant but this amount can be raised depending on the decisions taken. See payments section below.
Please note: Participating is free and there are NOT hidden costs.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
You can participate if you live in Germany or Spain. Payments will depend on your role.
If you live in Germany you can be 'decision maker' and/or 'informer'.
If you live in Spain you will be 'informer'.
ROLES FOR PARTICIPANTS AND PAYMENTS
Depending on your role you will have a different payment system
A 'decision maker' is a person living in Germany who can do the experiment. He/she will be paid an average of 15 euros. Nevertheless this payment can be higher depending on his/her result. After playing the 'decision maker' role you can plan the 'informer' role and increase your earnings. To do so, please send us an email to email@example.com
A 'informer' is a person who lives in Germany, Spain or other country who invites other 'decision makers' to do the experiment. Each informer will be paid 10 euros x the number of 'decision makers' he/she invites to do the expriment. For example, if an informer invites 10 people and they finish the experiment, he/she will be paid 100 euros. In addition, each 'decision maker' invited by the informer will be paid an average of 15 euros.
ABOUT YOUR PARTICIPATION
Please, read the participation details for 'decision makers' and 'informers'
- You can be a 'decision maker' if you are living in Germany and you have a good level of german to do the experiment. You don't need to be german, all nationalities are welcome. If you do not live in Germany please check to the 'informer' profile.
What I need to do?
- As a 'decision maker' you will do the online experiment.
- You will receive an email with instructions about objectives and associated payments in a simulated situation.
- From there, you just need to be yourself. There are not right or wrong answers. The experiment aims to unterstand how the population really behaves.
- All decisions will be anonymous and will not be linked to your identity.
- All decisions will be made with the computer. No voice or webcam recording will take place.
- The duration of the experiment will depend on you (You will take from 1 to 10 decisions) and the average is 15-30 minutes.
- Once you finished, you will receive your payment via Paypal. If you do not have a PayPal account to receive your payment you can create it here for free.
- Just for participating, all 'decision makers' who complete the experiment will receive a minimum guaranteed payment of 5 euros.
- In addition, you receive another ammount that will depend on your decisions. The estimated average payment is 15 euros per participant but you can increase that number with your decisions.
- After playing the 'decision maker' role you can plan the 'informer' role and increase your earnings. To do so, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can be an 'informer' if you are living in Spain, Germany or any other part of the world and you know somebody who lives in Germany (a potential 'decision maker'). All nationalities are welcome.
What I need to do?
- Before we open the experiment you will receive en email with a personal code.
- Once you have it, you will have to invite your contacts to do the experiment. The more contacts you invite, the more money you will be paid.
- Your 'decision makers' will need to enter your code at the end of their experiment. This will allow us to know if they have been invited by you.
- For each decision maker who enters your code you will be paid 10€. For instance, if you invite 15 'decision makers' you will be paid 150 euros. Furthermore each 'decision maker' will be paid an average of 15 euros each.
- The only limits are the ones stablished by the number of 'decision makers' needed to complete the experiment. The experiment needs 1200 'decision makers' of different categories which will be explained at the start of the experiment.
- You will be paid 10€ for each decision maker who finishes the experiment with your code.
- For example, if you reach 15 people, you will be paid 150€.
- All 'decision makers' invited by you will also have an average payment of 15 euros each.
- If you do not have a PayPal account to receive your payment you can create it here for free.