#THE GERMAN EXPERIMENT
Objective: The aim of the project is to study how 1.200 people make economic and social online decisions in Germany. Decisions will be simple, safe and anonymous. The type of decisions will be revealed at the start of the experiment.
Type of experiment: It is a paid online experiment. Participants can take part from any computer with an internet connection and will be paid at the end of the Experiment via PayPal.
Time: 30 minutes. It will depend on you. The experiment will take place in the beginning of 2020.
Payments: All participants will be paid according to their performance. The estimated average is 15 euros per participant but this amount can be raised depending on the decisions taken. See payments section below.
Please note: Participating is free and there are NO hidden costs.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
You can participate if you live in Germany.
PARTICIPANTS AND PAYMENTS
A 'decision maker' is a person living in Germany that have or have had a mortgage during the last 10 years. 'Decision makers' will take part in the experiment. He/she will be paid an average of 15 euros. Nevertheless this payment can be higher depending on his/her result.
ABOUT YOUR PARTICIPATION
- You can be a 'decision maker' if you are living in Germany, have or have had a loan during the last 10 years.
What I need to do?
- As a 'decision maker' you will do the online experiment.
- You will receive an email with instructions about objectives and associated payments in a simulated situation.
- From there, you just need to be yourself. There are not correct or wrong answers. The experiment aims to unterstand how the population really behaves concerning mortgages.
- All decisions will be anonymous and will not be linked to your identity.
- All decisions will be made from the computer. No voice or webcam recording will take place.
- The duration of the experiment will depend on you (You will take from 3 to 10 decisions) and the average is 30 minutes.
- Once you finished, you will receive your payment via PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account to receive your payment you can create it here for free.
- Just for participating, all 'decision makers' who complete the experiment will receive a minimum guaranteed payment of 5 euros.
- In addition, you receive another ammount that will depend on your decisions taken during the experiment. The estimated average payment is 15 euros per participant but you can increase that number with your decisions.
DO YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
Please note that the experiment will start in the beginning of February 2020.